Enjoy the Quantity, Quality, and Diversity of Outdoor Activities in the North Myrtle Beach Area
06/29/2021By: Salty Frye’s
Summer means different things for different people. Some people think of summer as a life-giving respite from mundane life, an oasis in the desert for our souls. Imagine what summer would represent to you if you were an unfortunate mouse on the running wheel of a cubicle job. Summer people think of outdoor activities like camping, kayaking, hiking, the smell of barbecue grills, sunglasses, hanging around the beach, baseball games, boat rides, golf with friends, picnic dates, leisurely strolls, and vacation. Then there are the people for whom the word summer connotes images and impressions of another kind of outdoor activities- swatting mosquitoes, rubbing sunblock on squirming kids, applying aloe to sunburns, sweating like , trying to think of a reason to not do unnecessary walking, getting peer pressure from outdoorsy people, and looking at themselves in their bathing suits in the mirror and suddenly regretting every taco they’ve ever eaten. Well, hopefully North Myrtle Beach has some things to do outside to offer each of you. We think it does. Let’s look!
- Outdoor Activities for the Physically Active:
- GOLFworld class courses in one of the nation’s top golf regions
- Rent a Surfboard
- Swim at any of ourworld famous beaches
- PaddleboardingKayakingin the ocean or through the marshes to view the local wildlife and vegetation
- Spot Crab on the beach after midnight or during the day atVereen Gardens(thousands of small crabs – it’s a hidden gem)
- Go Shellingat Myrtle Beach State Park, Crown Reef Resort’s beach, Pawleys Island, Huntington Beach State Park, and other places
- Rent Waverunners
- Scuba Dive
- Enjoy the excitement at theOcean Drive Pavilion Amusement Park
- Attend events like 4th of July Fireworks at Cherry Grove Pier, Irish-Italian International Festival Mayfest on MainBlue Crab Festival, Summerfest, and more.
- Shop, Eat, Stroll, and Take in some entertainment atBarefoot Landing
- Climb Ropes atLulu’s Ropes CoursesorGo Ape
- Putt and strut your stuff atMini Golf
- Utilize the many outdoor activities atNorth Myrtle Beach Sports Complexlike walking theMcLeod Seacoast Nature Trailor taking the pupper to the dog park
- Fishing, crabbing, you get it!
- Outdoor Activities For Those Who Love Leisure:
- Picnic – at the beaches or parks (McLean Parkis great)
- Sightsee/Photo Ops (dozens of spotsto “do it for the Gram”)
- Watch the Sunrise/Sunset
- Rent a golf cart(wink, wink)
- Enjoylive musicatOcean Drive Beachand dance to the local Shag music
- Stroll down the pier atCherry Grove Beach
- Observe local wildlife atAlligator Adventure orMyrtle Beach Safari.
- Take a relaxing ride in asunset cruise or airboatat Waccamaw River
- Reserve aGuided Dolphin Tour
- Go onGlass Bottom Boat/Kayak Tours
- UseHorseback Ridesto visit Waites Island. Potentially see bottlenose dolphins and loggerhead sea turtles, among other rare creatures like marsh hens, herons, osprey, bald eagles, ducks, Big Bird, and crabs. Let’s see if you were paying attention.
- Ride in a rover tour on theShelling and Lighthouse Cruise
Not sure where to stop here. Without joking, there are few places in the country that offer the diversity of outdoor activities that the Grand Strand does. So if you’re looking for things to do outside in the North Myrtle Beach area, you won’t have any trouble. While we have you here, mightn’t we say that a golf cart is a great way to get around, have fun, chill, give rides, and look cool. In fact, every employee here at Salty Frye’s Golf Carts attracted their spouses by riding golf carts. It’s almost cheating. But anyway, we have a great selection of awesome rides.Come in, call, or reach outthrough the website, and let us show you what you’re missing!
Check out our other blogshere.