Top 10 Places for Best Breakfast in North Myrtle Beach
06/30/2020By: Salty Frye’s
We’ve all heard it before – the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Right. So when you’re in North Myrtle Beach for vacation, it’s good to know the best spots in the area to find your morning fuel. We know that there are tons of great review sites out there that highlight restaurants in the area, but sometimes it’s better to get the scoop from locals. That’s why we created this list of Top 10 Places for Best Breakfast in North Myrtle Beach!
Next time you’re in North Myrtle Beach, be sure to fill up your bellies with delicious breakfast foods from these local favorites (listed in no particular order):
- Blueberry’s Grill: Located at the famed Barefoot Landing entertainment center in North Myrtle Beach, Blueberry’s Grill is the place to go if you want to eat breakfast in style. This local favorite serves breakfast all day, which is perfect for those rolling out of bed in the late afternoon after staying up all night enjoying your beach vacation. Here, guests will find traditional breakfast items such as eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc., as well as more unique items like the Chorizo Benedict and the Live & Give (Sautéed kielbasa, bacon, mushrooms, caramelized onions, green peppers, banana peppers. Topped with cheddar jack cheese & cilantro).
- Johnny D’s Waffles and Benedicts: The Myrtle Beach location of Johnny D’s was so popular that this restaurant expanded into North Myrtle Beach just a couple years ago. As the name suggests, Johnny D’s is famous for their delicious waffles and benedicts, with several options to choose from. A popular item here is the Red Velvet Waffled (made with red velvet cake batter and drizzled with cream cheese icing, topped with butter and cinnamon sugar) and the mouthwatering Pork Belly Benedict.
- Hoskins Restaurant: This Main Street staple is the place to go for breakfast, lunch, and dinner while in North Myrtle Beach. Hoskins is a no-frills eatery and the breakfast menu here features traditional offerings in a family-friendly atmosphere. Don’t be surprised if there’s a line outside – the food here is well worth the wait!
- The Shack: The Shack is your go to place for breakfast in Cherry Grove! This casual restaurant serves up breakfast each day from 7 am until 11 am so that you can fuel up before hitting the beach. The breakfast menu features items such as pancakes, eggs, waffles, omelets, Texas style French Toast, homemade biscuits, breakfast sandwiches, and specials like The Shack Special (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 strips of bacon or 2 sausage patties), and The Shack Attack (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 strips of bacon, 2 sausage patties, and home fries).
- Eggs Up Grill: Eggs Up Grill may be a chain in the southeast, but those visiting from other regions will consider this a new place to try. This is definitely a wonderful place to try if you’re searching for the best breakfast in North Myrtle Beach. Both North Myrtle Beach locations of Eggs Up Grill feature the same menu, offering breakfast and lunch items all day from 6 am until 2 pm. Here, hungry guests will find a long list of breakfast items including Corned Beef Hash & Eggs, Steak & Eggs, breakfast sandwiches, benedicts, omelets, pancakes, French toast, waffles, loaded home fry baskets, and more!
- Krave Bagel: Craving a bagel? Visit Krave Bagel in North Myrtle Beach (heh, see what we did there?) Krave is known for their true Northern style bagels that are rolled by hand, boiled, and then baked to perfection. Each day, Krave offers 12 flavors of bagels as well as breads, croissants, rolls, muffins, cookies, brownies, and cakes. They also offer lunch items as well as hot-brewed coffee that is made all day long in a variety of flavors.
- Hot Stacks Pancake House: Situated off of Highway 17 North near Main Street, Hot Stacks Pancake House is your typical breakfast spot, but don’t let that steer you away from this local favorite. This family-friendly restaurant is known for their delicious food and warm service. Customers at Hot Stacks should dig into a plate full of fluffy pancakes, however, there are several other options available including Belgian waffle dishes, breakfast quesadillas, egg scramble bowls, eggs benedict, French toast, crepes, omelets…the list goes on and on!
- Sam’s Place: Sam’s Place may seem like a hole-in-the-wall eatery from the outside, but inside guests will find a menu full of mouthwatering dishes. Sam’s Place prides itself on being “The Place Where Friends Meet and No One is a Stranger,” providing fantastic service in a no-frills atmosphere. As one of our picks for best breakfast in North Myrtle Beach, Sam’s Place serves up egg dishes, omelets, breakfast sandwiches, biscuits, and more, plus specialties such as the Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine, Steak & Eggs, and the Ham, Mushroom, and Swiss Cheese Omelet.
- The Bagel Factory: The Bagel Factory is a household name to many families across the Grand Strand, with locations in North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Carolina Forest, and The Market Commons. Of course, as the name suggests, The Bagel Factory is home to a variety of bagels and specialty cream cheeses to choose from. In addition to bagels, this quaint eatery also has omelets, egg dishes, pancakes, French toast, breakfast wraps, baked goods, and the Brooklyn Special platter featuring lox, tomato, onion, cream cheese, side salad, and a bagel. Those visiting from New Jersey will love thepork roll(or Taylor Ham) options, too!
- Mama Jean’s Restaurant: If you’re in the Little River area, Mama Jean’s is one of the places for best breakfast in North Myrtle Beach. Boasting “home cooking like yo’ mama’s,” the breakfast menu at Mama Jean’s doesn’t disappoint. Try the pancakes, French toast wedges, Belgian waffles, biscuits with sausage gravy, cream chip beef, egg plates, omelets, breakfast sandwiches, and more. If you’re hungry, opt for the Sportsman Special with 3 pancakes, 3 large eggs, bacon or patty sausage, grits, home fries or hash browns, and toast or a homemade biscuit.
Feeling hungry yet? We do, too! Next time you’re in the area, be sure to refer to this list of places for the best breakfast in North Myrtle Beach. And be sure to check out futureblogposts for other local insight on restaurants and other things to do in the area!