Best Sports Bars in North Myrtle Beach
09/29/2020By: Salty Frye’s
Need a cool place to grab a beer with your friends or to watch the big game? A sports bar is usually ideal! But when you’re in North Myrtle Beach for vacation, how do you know where to go? Well, we’ve got you covered. Our crew of locals at Salty Frye’s narrowed down the seemingly endless list of area bars and dives to these top 10 sports bars in North Myrtle beach:
1. Bully’s Pub & Grill: Located at Barefoot Landing, Bully’s Pub & Grill is a no-frills sports bar that is great for the whole family. They have an extensive beer list, which you can find on their website, along with a menu of food items. Here you’ll find delicious bar food like nachos, wings, quesadillas, sandwiches, and burgers like the patty melt, chili cheese burger, and their famous El Toro burger with grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and Swiss cheese.
2. Hickory Tavern: Hickory Tavern is one of the top rated sports bars in North Myrtle Beach. Situated in the Coastal North Town Center, Hickory Tavern offers a family-friendly atmosphere for locals and visitors to North Myrtle Beach. Guests will find a variety of beer, wine, and cocktails to choose from, along with a menu that will knock your socks off. In addition to your standard pub fare like wings, tenders, burgers, sandwiches, and tacos, Hickory Tavern also boasts seafood and chicken specialties as well as a selection of salads for those who want something lighter.
3. Oscar’s Food & Spirits: If you’re a Steelers fan, then Oscar’s Food & Spirits is the place for you! Opened in 1988 by Pittsburgh native Oscar Frederick (“Freddie”) Williams, Oscar’s is an awesome sports bar that has become a staple for locals and vacationers. Everyone is welcome, even those who are rooting for another team. Of course, those who come here for the game will also want a brew and something to chew on. The food menu at Oscar’s is chock-full of options, including appetizers, wings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pizza, seafood, and a long list of specialty sandwiches such as the Oscars Club (Bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ham, turkey, roast beef, capocollo, American, Swiss & provolone on toasted Italian bread).
4. The Grumpy Monk: With three locations along the Grand Strand, it’s safe to say that The Grumpy Monk is a favorite among locals. Their North Myrtle Beach location is situated right off of Highway 17, making it easy for visitors to find. This is another one of the sports bars in North Myrtle Beach that is popular with families – offering a kids menu and Kids Eat Free specials on Mondays as well as live music and Happy Hour other nights of the week. Beer enthusiasts will enjoy this bar’s assortment of craft beers along with an awesome food menu. One thing this sports bar has that most others don’t? Sushi. And it’s good!
5. Buffalo Wild Wings: Okay, so Buffalo Wild Wings may be a chain, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t belong on this list! If there’s a game you want to watch, it will more than likely be on at Buffalo Wild Wings in North Myrtle Beach. As the name suggests, the wings here are fantastic, but people flock to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a game, have a beer, and eat some delicious food with friends. Whether you choose wings, tenders, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, or another menu item, one thing’s for sure – you’re bound to have a great time!
6. Wild Wing Cafe: After spending some time checking out Barefoot Landing, be sure to stop in Wild Wing Cafe and grab a beer and a bite to eat! Like Hickory Tavern, Wild Wing Cafe is also one of the sports bars in North Myrtle Beach that is a chain – but don’t let that stop you from coming here. Of course, the main attraction here are the wings, which are available with 30 different types of made from scratch sauces. Not in the mood for wings? No problem! Enjoy other items such as wraps, soups, salads, starters, sandwiches, and burgers!
7. Boardwalk Billy’s: If you love a good sports bar with great views of the water, then you need to head on over to Boardwalk Billy’s. Located on the Doc Holidays Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway, this casual bar and restaurant boasts a raw bar, ribs, sushi, and more! In addition to watching the game while you eat, you’ll also find live music and entertainment most nights – just be sure to check theirwebsitefor a schedule.
As always, when you’re in town, be sure to check out ourgolf cart rentalshere at Salty Frye’s. Also, keep an eye out for local tips on ourblog!